Saturday, September 24, 2011

Village Friendship

We just couldn't resist this amazing little piece of art work from Lili of the Valley! Anything with two girls at a coffee table or drinking tea always brings us back to the day we met....

Michele and I became fast friends at The Village Coffee shop! She was taking a Sign Language class at the time and I was a friend of her instructor. Their class had decided to meet at the coffee shop that evening instead of the regular class room so that they would have an opportunity to interact with other people who signed and to get a little practice in. We were immediately drawn to one another's quick wit, easy laughter, and love of Signing.  So the story goes... best friends are made over a cup of coffee! ... Just one cup of coffee though... Michele doesn't drink it and never has! Her cup is always filled with crushed ice and a splash of Mt. Dew! :)

~Michele~




Michele colored this Lili of the Valley stamp, "Coffee Break" 
with Copic Markers.
The card will be entered into the following challenges:

12 comments:

Lisa Mensing said...

You did an amazing job on this! As always!

Shelby said...

Just wanted to pop round and say hey! Thanks for following my blog and your comment had me laughing!! This card is wonderful and your sepia coloring is spot on...well done.

Shelby
p.s. and the dew for some of us is our morning coffee:)!

Shari said...

Fantastic blog!! I am a new follower and I found your blog through CMC!

Nubia said...

Thanks for the sweet comment...I'm gonna follow you back. Your stuff is beautiful! Loooove this stamp!

Dawny P said...

Wow what a fabulous card :) Love the colours you used as well. Thanks for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs Dawny xxx

Donna Hanley said...

Terrific card. Love the image and your coloring is outstanding. I found you through the blog addresses link at CMC. Your blog is beautiful and looking forward to more of your creations.

Michele and Josee' said...

Thanks for the wonderful compliment Shelby! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one whose morning coffee isn't actually coffee! ... :)

Shari, Thank you so much for following! We just started keeping up with the blog on a regular basis and it has been a blast! So glad you found us! :)

Nubia, So glad you came by and followed us too! Thank you!

Dawny, Thanks for the compliment! Had a wonderful time playing along with you all over at Simon Says Stamp! Will be back for sure!

Donna, Thank you so much for the compliment and the follow! :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Michele, I just love your card. You did a wonderful job coloring it in Monochromatic. I gald you entered your email in the blog addresses. So now I'm one of your followers. Glad you join our challenge. We are so happy to have you at Color Me Creative.
Hug, Pat

purple_pea_fran said...

So cute! Fantastic colouring technique too :)
Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tearoom

Michele and Josee' said...

Pat... thank you so much for for comments and for becoming a follower. I am thrilled aout that :-)))). I do have a question for the CMC challenge. Do you know how many entries we can make per challenge? I entered 2 for the "Olde Tyme Photo" challenge. Is there a max?

Fran, thank you. I enjoyed this challenge. It really made me step out of my comfort zone.

Maire Gamber said...

Just as cute as can be! Thank you for joining us at CMC.
Hugs
Marie, CMC DT

Michele and Josee' said...

Thanks again Marie! :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 jamcrafts4u. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase